Monday 10 January 2011

Preliminary task

Evaluation on editing skills
We went to the CLC centre to edit our preliminary task. I was really interested to know about what kind of software would be able to merge all of our shots so that our scene made sense. The software that we used was Adobe premiere pro CS4 and I haven’t used this before so learning about how it works was difficult at first but I soon got used to it. Once I got used to the software and was given instruction on how to create my scene I was able to take shots that weren’t to be used and weren’t as good as others I had done.
Once I had chosen what shots I was going to use for my final product I made sure I had the three tasks which were going to give me the full marks, the ‘shot-reverse-shot’, ‘match on action’ and ‘180 degree wall’. Also to make each clip run more smoothly you had to check that each action was followed correctly, for example opening to door on one side and then switching to the person walking towards the camera through the opened door and into the room. ‘Merging’ and ‘cutting’ helped with this a lot.
I feel that my final piece was successful. I have included all that was needed for the preliminary task and edited it well. I will be using this software for my coursework as it was quite simple to use and was effective. And so by using it for this task gave me good practice for when I use it for my coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment