Monday 4 October 2010

Questionnaire

My questionnaire and my results annotated


I designed a questionnaire to find a target audience and what they enjoy most about the thriller genre and how I could use this information in my coursework. Under my results I have evalutated what I have discovered.


Analysing my results

When deciding who to give my questionnaires to, as to get a different view of both genders as they both have different opinions I chose to pick 10 males and 10 females. After analysing the results, I found that both sexes had varied answers and that not one sex had a set opinion on a certain question.
By creating this questionnaire I was able to choose my target audience as I wanted to see who prefers to watch thriller movies in an age group. I discovered that more 16-20 year olds watch thriller movies and now my coursework is aimed at them. The reason in why I think that this age group prefer to watch thriller movie could be that this is the age which take risks and also like to discover new things.
From my research I found that the most popular sub-genres were psychological and drama, which I have taken into account and will try to focus on them, but I will also look at other popular sub-genres such as spy and crime. I think it is a good idea to have a varied sub-genre as then more people will be interested in the story-line.
I also found that most people that I got to complete my questionnaire prefer compelling characters and also that the music in the movie creates the atmosphere which I will put a lot of attention on though I will also look at other styles which were popular such as hero vs. villain and the sounds of the movie, as I like to vary my styles to suit all ages.
 Finally I decided that I can choose the way I want my thriller movie to unravel as there was not a set decision in which the answers from fast to slow. I think I will choose fast as it is only a short piece and therefore the audience will want to know more but I would not give all away as so the audience will be left on the edge of their seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment