Monday 11 July 2011

Music video questionnaire

From the results below I have decided to focus my audience on the age group 17-21 year olds, I will have to bear in mind what will attact this audience and what will keep them entertained. For example on one specific survey from this age group they watch music videos everyday, so to keep it as entertaining as possible I thought using a variety of shots so everytime they watch the video they see something different each time keeping it fresh.
I have also found that the most popular type of music is Dance, Acoustic and Pop with either a Live Performance or a comedy
style video. Ben Howard is a talented guitar player so from the information showing that the majority of this target audience prefer live performances I think it would be a good idea to get a shots of a character playing the guitar.

From researching this age group and their music influences etc I found many find their love of music through gigs, concerts and clubs. Nightclubs are usually most popular for 18-25 year olds, where dance, pop, drum and bass and dubstep is played and from this it could suggest that this type of audience have quite an urban, gritty atmosphere which would link nicely with the type of music I would be using in my video. Many prefer gigs to concerts as they are more secluded and a bit more personal with the audience. I feel I could use this to my advantage as Ben Howard doesn't do many big concerts but prefers small gigs in bars and pubs.

1 comment: